About the American Lung Association of the Northeast
Our mission is to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease in New York State. We achieve this through clean air and tobacco control advocacy efforts at both the state and local level; asthma education for families and schools; smoking prevention and cessation services; and research to treat, prevent and cure lung diseases.
- POWR Tobacco Cessation Center is a free program of the American Lung Association of the Northeast, funded by the NYS Department of Health Tobacco Control Program
- The American Lung Association is the oldest voluntary health organization in the United States. Founded in 1904 to fight tuberculosis, our mission has expanded to fight all lung diseases through research, education and advocacy.
- American Lung Association National website: www.lungusa.org
- American Lung Association Northeast website: www.lung.org/associations/charters/northeast
- Lung Helpline: 1-800-LUNG USA (1-800-586-4872) – The purpose of the Helpline is to answer questions by patients and the general public concerning lung diseases, help with quitting smoking, and other medical/health related questions
Fighting for Air
Join the fight for healthy air!